With customer Groups, you can classify a customer as Retail Customers, Wholesale Customer, Friends, Colleagues and whatever you will love to…
1. To add a “Customer Group” go to Contacts -> Customer Groups & Click on “Add” button.
2. It will show a popup asking for customer group name & Calculation Percentage.
Calculation percentage is used to calculate selling price.
– Suppose if the Selling Price set for a product Product1 is $200
– Customer Group Name = Friend
– Calculation Percentage = -20
– Note: -20 (notice a minus sign) or you may set it 20 = +20%
– Create a customer lets use Harry Potter for instance ans assign him to Customer Group Friend that you’ve just created.
– Now go to POS sales screen. Select the customer Harry Potter and add the XYZ.
– You will notice that the selling price set for the XYZ will be 200-20% = $160
This is how customer Group works.
Customer Group does an internal calculation and applied the calculation percentage to the selling price. It will not show a separate discount on the invoice or the POS sales screen.
This feature is highly useful when you have retail, wholesale or different customer categories.
You can view report for different customer group from “Customer Groups Report” or in other terms if you have retail and wholesale customer group you can see which type of customer group has more sale.